Everybody loves a good list of “did you knows”, but when it comes to choosing a medical waste disposal company there are a lot of things you probably weren’t aware of. Here is a list of some of the lesser known facts from across the industry about Medical Waste Management Companies that you should keep in mind when making your decision.
- Even though you sign a contract with one company, it’s likely another company will do the actual work – A lot of well known companies out there simply can’t handle the work load so a lot times they will outsource it to other companies. This can be good when it comes to handling work load, but concerning for the customers who seek consistency with customer service issues.
- Contracts, although binding, aren’t as difficult to break as some in the industry claim – Many companies have very little recourse when it comes to keeping you in your contract. They will call and threaten you with charges, but at the end of the day if you want to get out you can. It’s important to find out early in the process how they handle contracts, and really stay away from companies that have high penalties for changes.
- You only have 30 days to hold biowaste at your facility – Laws vary per state on the amount of time, but in FL its 30 days from the time the waste is placed in the container and must be disposed of properly. If you aren’t sure you should check with your state regulations and contact your local waste management office.
- Not all “waste” is created equal and some items don’t belong in the containers – Here are some of the no no’s that you shouldn’t put in your biowaste container: Medication, gas cylinders, loose sharps, hazardous & chemical waste, garbage, radioactive waste, fixatives & preservatives
- Special offers aren’t really all that Special – A simple call to customer service and you will find that your just as likely to get a “special offer” over the phone as you are when they are running a promotion. Be wary of companies that offer low prices one month then hide hidden fees and taxes after the fact.
If you are looking for a medical waste disposal company that can not only educate you, but offer you REAL customer service then I highly recommend you get ahold of the folks at Universal Waste Management. They offer a 100% guarantee that your satisfaction will be met. Give them a call today at 1-855-276-9246.